A re-post from last spring.
::Lucid.blues::
Perception vs. reality. Life would be much easier if the separation line could be bolded with a black magic marker. I have been known to fall victim to believing in façades.
Relationships, be it friendship or that of a more intimate nature, require trust and vulnerability. Never put all of your eggs in one basket. I have played the stock market game and have invested generously in exciting new prospects only to have it all crash and fail.
Some people would make great car salesmen. “This car’s engine runs great!” Thirty seconds later: “Let me grab a battery charger. Oh, and don’t mind the smoke.”
…
Unfortunately, I usually end up buying the car and leaving the lot before I realize it is a lemon.
I am trying hard not to be bitter and closed off. But it sounds so appealing to make myself an island. Maybe I need some robot friends.
Mere automatons.
But then again, I'd probably just get bored.

haha I love this post!! Especially the car sales man comparison!!
ReplyDelete